Monday, August 3, 2015



It's been a while. 

I just got back from a 1.5 month long trip to Europe. Partially for study abroad and partially for travel. I haven't been able to post anything for a while due to a lack of resources.

Since the few days I've been home, I've chopped off my hair and got my belly button pierced. I'm not done with my transformation yet (I still plan on dying me hair). Has Europe changed me? I was supposed to do a lot of crazy things in Europe, like get a tattoo and chop off my hair. I never had the time to do either (I'm kind of glad for the tattoo because the pain and care for my new piercing would have been too much to handle overseas). So I guess I've been trying to make up for the lack of crazy things I did in Europe within these past few days since I've gotten back.

I thought Europe would change me. I thought I would move on and forget all my problems, but I still kept thinking about my problems during the trip. Well, here's my chance. I've chopped off my hair - a symbol of getting rid of my extra baggage. My friends all know how much I love long hair so it was difficult to chop it all off but I'm learning to love it. I haven't thought everything through (still in pain from the piercing) but I'm just going to go along with it.

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" - Socrates

No comments:

Post a Comment